Kladské pomezí logo Kladské pomezí tourist area

Nature trails

Updated 29. 10. 2015

  • untitled-image


The Jaroměř nature trail
1 km on cycle path no. 24 along the left bank of the Labe (Elbe) looks at a number of animals and plants found near the river, the current state of meadows and gardens and the invasion of foreign plants and animals.

The Jakub Míla trail
6 km – Jakub Míla was a real character who was featured in B. Němcová’s ‘Babička’ (Granny) book.
Starting point: Ratibořice - Babiččino valley, at the crossroads with the Granny with children monument (Babička s dětmi).

Babiččino údolí (Babiččino valley) - nature trail
7.5 km - 18 information signs and 7 literary and scientific stops.
Starting point: Barunčina škola (Barunka’s School) in Česká Skalice.

Justynčina stezka (Justynčina trail)
7 km – following this ring, you will become familiar with local history and the fate of the Jewish girl Justynka.
Starting point: mill in Slatina n. Úpou.

Klopotovské údolí (Klopotovské valley)
9 km – bird and wild boar enclosures, Čertova díra, Lesníkova well, Mertova díra.
Starting point: Nové Město n. Met..

Teplické skály (Teplice Rocks) nature trail
6 km – history of the discovery of the rocks, wonders of the animal and plant kingdoms.

Nature trail around Bischofstein castle
1 km – pictures describing the life and habitats in the local bog lake, rocky surroundings, history of the location, castle and chateau.
Starting point: Skály u Teplic n. M..

Křinice nature trail
The information about interesting sites in the village and surroundings, village life etc.

Náchod – Vysokov – Václavice 1866
8.5 km – history of the bloody battle which took place on 27 June 1866 during the Austro-Prussian war in Náchod.

Česká Skalice – Svinišťany – Josefov 1866
30 km – a trail along the most important locations where the battle at Česká Skalice and Svinišťany took place on 28 and 29 June 1866.
Starting point: Kleny.

Dobrošov fortress
4.5 km – information on the most important buildings in the unique military-historic construction built as part of the extensive border defences in 1935-38.